With back to school (and all the other activities) back in swing, I’m sure most moms feel like they are living in their cars, shuffling kids around from place to place. Finding time to cook seems impossible so I thought I’d share an old favorite that a friend of mine shared with me years ago. It’s healthy, easy and you can make a big batch in advance to whip up for a quick lunch or dinner. ⠀
Southwest Chicken Wraps ⠀⠀⠀⠀
INGREDIENTS ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀
•1 C quinoa, cooked ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 1 C shredded chicken (i use rotisserie)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed⠀⠀
• 1 green onion, chopped
• 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 1/4 C chopped cilantro ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• juice from 1 lime ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀
• 1/2 T chili powder ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 1 t cumin ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 1/2 t garlic salt
• 2 C shredded cheese ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• large tortillas, burrito sized⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
DIRECTIONS ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •combine all ingredients (except for the cheese) in a large bowl.
•heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat.
•place tortilla flat and sprinkle cheese in the center. Then put 2-3 scoops of chicken mixture on top of the cheese.
• roll into a burrito and place seam side down in the hot, buttered skillet. Leave until tortilla is sealed, pressing down occasionally and then flip over to the other side until cheese is melted and contents are hot. Serve immediately or wrap in foil and enjoy later.